[cffi-devel] Foreign structures by value

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:39:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Liam Healy <lnp at healy.washington.dc.us> wrote:
> Thanks for the response.   FSBV has grown a bit since I sent that
> email, and I agree with the principals you put in the bug report;
> i.e., if it's integrated correctly into CFFI it shouldn't require
> (any?) extra macros.  That is why I wrote the macros to be as close to
> the CFFI form.  In order to avoid extra macros while maintaining a
> separate system, it might be possible to provide a hook in CFFI and
> then have FSBV bind that hook if it's loaded.

Indeed. I have added you to the cffi group at c-l.net so you can
pursue this further. We can collaborate via launchpad or this mailing
list, whichever you find more convenient.

As a side note, it'd be great to leverage libffi for other features
such as long-long or perhaps even its closure API.

> BTW you might want to correct FSVB -> FSBV in the bug report and tags
> (stands for "by value") otherwise searches might miss it.

Oops, should be fixed now.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://r42.eu/~luis/