[cffi-devel] Greetings ..

Greg Bennett gwbennett at sentex.ca
Sat Nov 22 15:38:09 UTC 2008

Luís Oliveira wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Greg Bennett <gwbennett at sentex.ca> wrote:
>

>> ;;; I rescued cl-cffi  via
>> ;;;   sudo apt-get install cl-cffi
>> ;;; which did its job correctly, as far as I can see, but I am no judge
>> ;;; of all that is involved in installation on linux.
>>

> In my experience, using Debian/Ubuntu Lisp packages is often more
> trouble than it's worth. I haven't used those in a while, but from the
> output that you sent it doesn't seem like it's a CFFI issue. I'd start
> by trying SBCL instead of CMUCL, and if that doesn't work I would go
> for clbuild[1].
>
> HTH.
>

> [1] http://common-lisp.net/project/clbuild/

Luis, thanks for you information. I shall certainly look into clbuild.
You were quite correct in diagnosing that
my difficulty was not a CFFI issue. At the suggestion of Dmitry Kalyanov
I re-did my efforts running CMUCL
as root -> all was well. Thus linux permissions were an issue somewhere
in the processes, I assume.

Cheers /Greg Bennett