[cffi-devel] Greetings ..

Kalyanov Dmitry kalyanov.dmitry at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 17:17:24 UTC 2008

В сообщении от Friday 21 November 2008 17:08:19 Greg Bennett написал(а):
> The attached material provides details from this effort during which
> building cffi failed. I am sufficiently new to linux, asdf, and cffi
> that I cannot tell  whether I face a difficulty with asdf or (not xor)
> cffi. Since the break occurred in  processing
> cffi.asd I have begun with the guess that it is to cffi-devel that I
> might look for assistance.

> ;; I *do* have /usr/share/common-lisp/source/cl-cffi/src/utils.lisp but can
find no
> ;; trace of a file utils.x86f in /usr

AFAIK, by default compiled files (fasls (fast loading files); utils.x86f is a
fasl)
are stored near the source files. So, you do not have the permission to write
the file. In debian/ubuntu, Common Lisp Controller is used to load libraries.
Try using it to load cffi.

As a general solution, install asdf-binary-locations (this is a library that
tells asdf to store compiled binaries in separate directories). Or for
immediate solution, run lisp under root and load the cffi from there.
Subsequent loads should work from regular users.