[cffi-devel] defcfun optimization idea

Stephen Compall s11 at member.fsf.org
Thu May 22 04:51:00 UTC 2008

"Luís Oliveira" <luismbo at gmail.com> writes:
> What about floats? From the manual:
>
> "On most but not all systems, :float and :double represent a Lisp
> single-float and double-float, respectively. It is not so useful to
> consider the relationship between Lisp types and C types as
> isomorphic, as simply to recognize the relationship, and relative
> precision, among each respective category."
>
> I don't remember what the implications are.

If I recall correctly, it means that because Lisp's float types are not
specified in terms of C's, thinking of C:floats and C:doubles as
L:single-floats and L:double-floats is bound to lead to confusion.

I suppose the information about float types, and perhaps all types,
could come from CFFI-SYS.

--
But you know how reluctant paranormal phenomena are to reveal
themselves when skeptics are present. --Robert Sheaffer, SkI 9/2003