[cffi-devel] Re: callback-lambda

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Thu Jun 29 10:52:14 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Luís" == Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> writes:
 Luís> [Hello Jan. Sorry for the late reply!]  Jan Rychter
 Luís> <jan at rychter.com> writes:
 >> As for me, a working callback-lambda under SBCL (and later ECL)
 >> would be a MAJOR win. Even more so if I could avoid memory leaks by
 >> being able to delete callbacks when they're no longer needed.

 Luís> I can't seem to find the lambda-callback patch but, IIRC, we
 Luís> reached the conclusion that we could support this feature in a
 Luís> similar fashion to the way we support foreign-funcall and
 Luís> long-long on some Lisps.

 Luís> The first step to integrate this feature into CFFI is to have
 Luís> someone actually use it, maybe write some tests. I doubt the
 Luís> patch (wherever it is) bitrotted much; can you apply it and/or
 Luís> let me know where it is? Let us know if it works for you or if
 Luís> you need any help.

Luis,

Here's the patch as originally sent by James Bielman. It used to work
for me, but I've had problems recently. I haven't had time to debug them
extensively, but it seems that the lambda list for
inverse-translate-objects has changed over time.

I would be really interested in a working callback-lambda, at least on
SBCL. Unfortunately, I'd also need a way to somehow free/delete unused
callbacks later on, so as not to leak memory.

--J.