[cffi-devel] Re: corrupted foreign structure testcase with latest CFFI and LW 4.4.6

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 23:58:48 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Luke Crook <luke at balooga.com> wrote:
> I think this foreign struct problem with LW goes all the way back to cffi-
> 060214. Something changed between cffi-060213 and cffi-060214 for Lispworks for
> Windows that messes up foreign structs. I'm having to use cffi-060213 in the
> lispbuilder-sdl project (only for Lispworks in win32) for this very reason. The
> examples work just fine in CLISP for win32, as well as SBCL for Linux using the
> latest and greatest CFFI.

Hmmm....I've now compared snapshots 060210 through 060215 in
progressive stages and identified the folowing differences:

The delta between 060210 and 060213 is:

src/foreign-vars.lisp
src/functions.lisp
src/package.lisp
src/types.lisp
[plus test file differences]

The delta from 060213 to 060214 is:

src/cffi-allegro.lisp
src/cffi-openmcl.lisp
src/cffi-sbcl.lisp
[plus test file differences]

And from 060214 to 060215 we have:

src/cffi-lispworks.lisp
src/package.lisp
src/types.lisp
[plus doc and test file differences]

The changes in 060215's version of cffi-lispworks.lisp are
that the following have been added:

defun convert-foreign-typed-aref-type
defun pointer-and-index
compiler macros for %mem-ref and %mem-set

Hopefully this code spelunking can help track down what's
happened :-)

--
Jack Unrue