[cffi-devel] lispname/cname ordering

Matthew Backes lucca at accela.net
Tue Jan 3 07:59:03 UTC 2006

CFFI tends to have name specifications like (c-name lisp-name)
whenever fully specifying the names as a list.

In CFFI-Grovel, we're tentatively doing (lisp-name &rest c-names) in
several places (for constants and enums).  This is so that we can
easily provide a list of alternative c-names for the groveler to try
as it hunts for the symbol.  e.g.:

(defconstant (path-max "PATH_MAX" "MAXPATHLEN"))

which covers both SYSVish and BSDish systems.

But this is bad because it's backwards from what CFFI does.  Anyone
have any ideas on a good syntax?  I'd really like groveler forms to
strongly resemble CFFI (or CL) forms to reduce user confusion.

Matthew Backes
lucca at accela.net