[cffi-devel] GtkMozEmbed: fixed

Keith Irwin keith.irwin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 04:34:03 UTC 2006

Folks--

For some reason I'm not getting the emails I send, even though I've
properly set the bit in the list software.  Ah, well.

Jamesb on #lisp solved the problem.  Apparently, you need to set the
profile path for some sites, or the embedded gecko widget tanks.  The
profile path is the place the browser saves all the cookie/login
information.

I've updated the code I linked to earlier in case anyone wants to play
with it.  Personally, I think CFFI made this all pretty easy, though
kudos to the mozilla team for the library in the first place.

Thankfully, this really wasn't a CFFI problem.

BTW, using glade made GTK pretty painless.  I just had to define the
procedures I needed.  I can see how, over time, a GTK interface (CLOS
based) might get implemented, but with libglade, I almost think, why
bother?

Now, if I could just integrate slime/swank into GtkSourceView....

Keith