[cffi-devel] wanted: testsuite .dll

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Feb 8 16:55:27 UTC 2006

jamesjb at jamesjb.com writes:
>It would be nice to figure out how to get the ASDF system to compile
>the DLL on Windows.
That would be a bad idea. Presumably most users of CFFI on MS-Windows don't have MS-VC (or Mingw). But IMHO all users should be entitled to run a testsuite.

>  I'm not sure I'd want to include the DLL in the
>repository as the risk of it not getting updated when the testsuite is
>updated is somewhat high [...]

IMHO not really a problem, because the .dll will stabilize, while the testsuite will continue to grow.

Strict solution: add a version number (foreign-var) to the .dll and check it when loading the testsuite.  Then people will know when it is outdated and hope for a new one from the CFFI site.  As I said, presumably the .dll will receive seldom updates.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.