[cffi-devel] wanted: testsuite .dll

James Bielman jamesjb at jamesjb.com
Mon Feb 6 16:05:08 UTC 2006

"Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril" <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> could some kowledgeable person please compile a .ddl version of the
> testsuite's C code, so that the testsuite can be used on MS-Windows
> (outside of cygwin/mingw?)?
>
> E.g. was the CFFI testsuite ever run on CormanLisp?
>
> I'd expect such a .dll to be tiny (maybe 4KB, need no debug
> build). Maybe it could be provided in the darcs tree for convenience
> to people?

There is a 'compile.bat' in tests/ that compiles the DLL with MSVC,
and the Makefile works with MinGW (which is what I've tested it with).

It would be nice to figure out how to get the ASDF system to compile
the DLL on Windows.  I'm not sure I'd want to include the DLL in the
repository as the risk of it not getting updated when the testsuite is
updated is somewhat high since most (all?) of us primarily use UN*X.

James