[cffi-devel] Re: running examples - errors?

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 06:45:58 UTC 2005

On 27/set/2005, at 01:43, Surendra Singhi wrote:
> [1]I didn't find any function for closing foreign libraries. This is
> needed
> because, some libraries (wxWidgets, for instance) has static
> initializers
> problem, once the program finishes, if the interpreter tries to run the
> program again the library will crash as things don't get initialized
> properly
> second time.

Noted. The support for dealing with foreign libraries is pretty weak
right now. I'll look into this soon, as it seems pretty straightforward
to add.

> [2]Also, I have not investigated the reason why allegro crashes, but
> one
> reason could be different argument passing conventions.
> But I didn't find any way of specifying the argument-passing
> conventions.

Unlikely, because Allegro has IMHO the *best* behaviour regarding
calling conventions. Things will work unchanged with either stdcall or
cdecl. That is what I would like CFFI to do, but that doesn't seem
possible in the near future, unfortunately. So we will need to add a
way to specify calling conventions.

It'd be nice if you could send a reproducible test case for that
Allegro crash (the smaller the better :-)).

Thanks,

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/