[cffi-devel] Re: running examples - errors?

Surendra Singhi efuzzyone at netscape.net
Tue Sep 27 00:43:01 UTC 2005

Hello Luis,

  Thanks for your explanations. CFFI is really cool. I tried using CFFI for
wxCL and it works on clisp, and lispworks. But, I am getting segmentation
faults on Allegro which is making allegro crash.

I have few suggestions/requests for cffi, I am only familiar with clisp ffi,
so pardon me if I am only seeing world from clisp angle. If these, are already
present in cffi, then please point me to them.

[1]I didn't find any function for closing foreign libraries. This is needed
because, some libraries (wxWidgets, for instance) has static initializers
problem, once the program finishes, if the interpreter tries to run the
program again the library will crash as things don't get initialized properly
second time.

[2]Also, I have not investigated the reason why allegro crashes, but one
reason could be different argument passing conventions.
But I didn't find any way of specifying the argument-passing conventions.

Thanks for your help.

--
Surendra Singhi
http://www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/index.html

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
    - Orwell, Animal Farm, 1945