[cells-gtk-devel] cells-gtk3

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Tue Jun 3 16:24:40 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 12:09, Peter Hildebrandt wrote:
> On 6/3/08, Peter Denno <peter.denno at nist.gov> wrote:
> > On Monday 02 June 2008 17:51, Peter Hildebrandt wrote:
> >  > I cc'd Peter Denno, maybe he has some insight as to how we
> >  > should proceed.
> >
> > Sorry, I don't know what the problem could have been.
>
> I think I created a misunderstanding here.  I was wondering whether
> you had an idea how we should proceed with cells-gtk3 (cells-gtk
> with cells3, cairo, and opengl).  I see a number of options:
>
> - move it to the cells-gtk cvs and mention it on the cells-gtk
> website (as a "development" version)

OK, but seems a little timid.

> - change the cells-gtk website to make cells-gtk3 the current/main
> branch and label the cells2-cells-gtk a "legacy" version

If you have something that is roughly ready to go, I'd go this route.

> - create a new project on cl.net and let them exist in parallel

That will just confuse people. If they want a stable version, there
are tarballs that contain all the dependencies.

> You are the maintainer of cells-gtk, so I thought you are the
> person to ask :-)

Perhaps you should take that title, since I haven't contributed for a
while.

--
Best regards,
  - Peter