[cells-gtk-devel] Re: List still alive?

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Sat Sep 15 22:16:46 UTC 2007

> Hi Carlo,
>
> I'm glad you're joining the community!  I believe cells-gtk is a great
> project (in some important respects the best GUI toolkit I have used so
> far), and it'd be great to see it growing even better.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Peter! You made my day.

> As far as my work is concerned, Peter is exactly right:
>> Other some-time contributors are not dead, just really busy for a long
>> time!

Also, very reassuring! Sometimes, as a new guy you don't know what's
going on so much unless it's right in your face.

> I have just finished moving back from Berkeley to Germany and gotten
> back to work on the drawing area widget based on cl-cairo2.  My plan for
> the next week or two is to catch up with Tamas' recent work on cl-cairo2
> and put together a close-to-release version.

Sounds cutting edge! Admire you toolkit devs a lot. You wouldn't
happen to have gone to Munich would you? I'm moving there in about
two weeks.

All in all, I have a really good feeling about cells-gtk, lot's of
love and intelligence here... I'm looking into doing some
development with it, one of those 'Open Source Code, Commercial
Data' apps... curious where it'll all take me :)

Carlo