[cells-gtk-devel] cells-gtk and opengl

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 21:48:24 UTC 2006

On 9/1/06, Jason Dunsmore <jasondunsmore at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'd like to use cells-gtk for my gui, but I need opengl for
> displaying an interactive 3d graph.  How would one use cl-opengl with
> cells-gtk?  Would I be better off just using another toolkit, such as
> celtk or cello?

fwiw, I am using Celtk/Cello in anger every day on a big project and it is
working well, but it is all new and unpolished and as always undocumented
(tho Tcl/Tk and Togl doc apply). It is really nice having full access to the
event stream (and of course OpenGL).

FrankG has gotten Celtk/togl stuff working on OSX under AllegroCL, also
fwiw.

All in all, i think your tolerance for rough edges and wet paint has to be
pretty high to jump in with me on Celtk/Cello, but with FTGL and
GraphicsMagick /and/ OpenAL I am definitely having a ball. I also like the
othe portable things one gets from Tcl besides just the Tk GUI.

hth, ken