[cells-gtk-devel] Mac OS X again

Kai Kaminski kai.kaminski at gmx.de
Mon Aug 28 13:21:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

I still can't get cells-gtk to compile in OpenMCL, but with SBCL
0.9.12 everything works (on Panther). It was quite straight-forward:

1) I finally remembered to start the X11 server and set DISPLAY. That
   solved the problem of GTK-INIT-CHECK failing for no apparent
   reason.

2) Compiling libcellsgtk was slightly more difficult.

  2a) Install the development versions of all the GTK2 libs and their
  dependencies. In particular, install the Fink package ATK1 and not
  just ATK1-SHLIBS. Otherwise PKG-CONFIG won't work.

  2b) Change the line

      asm (".section .drectve");

      to (it's the comma at the end)

      asm (".section .drectve,");

      Also change

      gcc -shared -o libcellsgtk.so gtk-adds.o `pkg-config --cflags
      --libs gtk+-2.0`

      in Makefile to

      gcc -dynamiclib -o libcellsgtk.so gtk-adds.o `pkg-config
      --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`

I put up a description of the necessary steps as well as my
libcellsgtk online at kaikaminski.gmxhome.de (excuse the popup, it's
not mine). I reckon the changes outlined above should somehow be
integrated into cells-gtk, but I'm not sure how to detect the
OS. Autoconf seems like overkill.

Kai