[cells-gtk-devel] Cells-gtk on Lispworks 5.0

Bill Atkins atkinw at rpi.edu
Thu Aug 10 17:26:25 UTC 2006

Is anyone using Cells-gtk successfully on Lispworks 5.0 (32-bit Linux,
in particular)?  I can run my application once, but if I close the
main window and then attempt to run it again, I get "Evaluating..." in
the echo area and no window appears.

I eventually took part of the test-gtk.lisp code, narrowed it down to
the simplest case and tried that.  It still didn't work.  Strangely
enough, loading the "test-gtk" package and running TEST-GTK:GTK-DEMO
does not have this problem - that is, I can run that as many times as
I like, and I get a window each time.  SBCL, however, seems to handle
both of these without a problem.  I've pasted the source code to my
test case and also the debug output from the first run (ie the run
that works) and from the second run, where LispWorks seems to be
perpetually "Evaluating...".

Here is the paste: http://paste.lisp.org/display/23932

--
Bill Atkins