[cells-devel] Re: [cells-gtk-devel] New cells-gtk capabilities and new tarball

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Tue May 31 16:07:21 UTC 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 21:59, Kenny Tilton wrote:

> >> I'd be real interested in knowing how that goes.
> >
> > The error persists.Loading libgobject, libintl_bind_textdomain_codeset
> > not found in intl.dll. libintl.h shows that as a valid exported label.

Problem 1 - library loading

This is without libcellsgtk? If your installation contains a libcellsgtk
library, then that is certainly suspect. Perhaps there is someone here more
knowledgeable about how these libraries should be built. In the makefile, I
use:

all:
	gcc -c gtk-adds.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`
	gcc -shared -o libcellsgtk.so gtk-adds.o

The gcc -c line is typical for gtk, at least as I can tell from the
distribution.

The gcc -shared -o line is only what I learned from the gcc man page and
reading around a bit.

> > That is under ACL7. I am trying also from Lispworks Trial, but that
> > seems to be unhappy with the logical-pathname usage in load.lisp: ASDF
> > reports it cannot find Cells.

Problem 2 - logical pathnames in Lispworks Trial

(this is unrelated to the library loading problem, correct?)
It is occurring despite switching to :version :unspecific ?

What does (truename #P"cells-gtk:cells;") evaluate to?

> Sorry. I inadvertently tried to load the "load.lisp" in \cells-gtk\root.
> (Is that still needed?)

No. I'll remove it.

> Anyway, good/bad news: same error from Lispworks.

- Best regards,
   Peter