[cells-gtk-devel] Need help with FreeBSD installation

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue May 10 16:27:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 11:23:03AM -0400, Peter Denno wrote:
: > Where exactly do you have libgtk? Anyway, the idea is simply to get the
: > above code working, either by moving libgtk or by tweaking your copy of
: > the code (and possibly submitting a patch if you think others would
: > benefit).

I did some digging and found a few things.

In FreeBSD, graphics libraries are in /usr/X11R6/lib, while other libraries
are in /usr/local/lib.

I fixed the paths where needed, and split one of the loop commands to load the
non-X11 libs first, then the X11 libs.

The current problem I have is that our pthread functions are in libc_r.  So
when ffi tries to load libgthread, this symbol is undefined.  What could I do
as a workaround?