[cells-gtk-devel] Need help with FreeBSD installation

Peter Denno peter.denno at nist.gov
Tue May 10 15:23:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

Note also that these directories are set in a few places. I hope to fix this
in the next tarball, but for the time being, take a look at each of them:

fgrep gnome  `find . -name \*.lisp`

./root/cells-gtk/gtk-app.lisp:         ...
./root/gtk-ffi/gtk-ffi.lisp:    ...
./load.lisp:                     ...

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 10:56, Kenny Tilton wrote:
> Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm looking to try cells-gtk and I'm have trouble getting it installed.
> >Here's my system:
> >
> >DragonFlyBSD (like FreeBSD-4.x)
> >CMUCL Lisp
> >gtk-2.8.?
> >
> >I was running (load "load") and got an error that it couldn't find libgtk.
>
> Here is where "load" is looking:
>
> (let ((libpath (cond ((directory "/usr/lib/libgtk*") "/usr/lib/")
>                      ((directory "/opt/gnome/lib/libgtk*")
> "/opt/gnome/lib/"))))
>   (if libpath
>      <else>   (error "Cannot find a path containing libgtk")))
>
> Where exactly do you have libgtk? Anyway, the idea is simply to get the
> above code working, either by moving libgtk or by tweaking your copy of
> the code (and possibly submitting a patch if you think others would
> benefit).
>
> hth, kt

- Best regards,
   Peter