[cells-devel] Re: A simple question.

Kenny Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Fri Jun 27 07:03:07 UTC 2008

Watt Poosanguansit wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> I hope you are well. I am starting to code using cell as the models.
One thing that I do not understand is when I use accessor method on the
slot in the models, I do not get the value back. I would have to use
slot-value to get to it. Is that by design?

No, something is wrong. Send me some code that behaves as you say. If I
had to guess, it would be something that often trips me up too: when
Cells hits an error it sets a flag indicating it should cease
functioning. So any Cells snippet one might invoke as a toplevel test
should begin with (cells-reset) to clear that flag.

As a noob of course you are encountering errors regularly, and unless
you got lucky you did not run across this Cells secret or if you did
would likely not remember it, and this indeed sounds like Cells refusing
to run (accessors go straight into Cells code), so this is a strong
guess. But it is a guess. :)

You can probably just add (cells-reset) at the start of your test code
and be OK. if not, send me some code.

kt