[cells-devel] Re: [cello-devel] State of Cello?

Kenny Tilton kennytilton at optonline.net
Sun Jun 22 18:06:28 UTC 2008

David Arroyo wrote:
> What is the current state of Cello? I can't find the code on
> common-lisp.net, but I think it's an interesting project and I'd like to
> help in any way I can. I doubt I can help with the code itself but I can
> write docs and the like.
>
> But first I need to find the code :)

Try starting from the c-l.net home page and clicking on "repositories"
and using the viewcvs interface to get to (a) the cello project and then
(b) a tarball (or if you are good at CVS just do it the usual way.

Cello/Celtk is in steady use and I am in danger of Actually Releasing in
a week or three a big application built atop it. aka, (eq state
'alive-and-well).

btw, if you really do get interested and involved I think you can see
the first thing the project needs is a maintainer. :) I update CVS on
occasion from my code base but do not have the extra time required of
serious open source. But first things first: let's see if you can build
the fricking thing (estimated at two weeks effort recently by someone
who would know).

thx for the interest,

kenny

ps. I cc'ed cells-devel cuz that is where most of the Cellsers coagulate. k