[cells-devel] Where is each project?

Peter Hildebrandt peter.hildebrandt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 19:53:51 UTC 2008

Hi Stu,

On 6/11/08, Stu Glaser <stuglaser at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not the lack of documentation.  I don't even know where to start.

That's how we keep the newbies out :-)

>  Where is the main web page for each of cells, celtk, cello, and
>  cells-gtk?

cells, celtk, cello only really exist in CVS:

http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?root=cells#dirlist

cells-gtk is not too hard to find:

http://common-lisp.net/project/cells-gtk

>  Where are the source code repositories for each?

CVS, cells, celtk, cello see above.  cells-gtk is linked on the
cells-gtk project page.

>  Is there
>  a central location for the tidbits of documentation that exist?

There is the cells-manifesto and examples in the cells CVS.  There is
the primer and FAQ linked from the cells-gtk project page.  There is
the example application and demo test-gtk in the cells-gtk cvs.

>  Also, what's the status of each.  Actively developed, "finished", or
>  left to rot?

A piece of art is never finished. :-)

cells:  "mature and stable" says the cells-manifesto.  Ken adds stuff
as required.

cells-gtk:  beta, semi-actively developed (i.e. whenever a bug comes
up or we miss functionality, we add it)

cells-ode:  close to 1.0  (I don't know what to add right now)

>  KT, which are you working on the most?

That, and the status of celtk/cello be left to Himself :)

HTH,
Peter

>  P.S. It would be real nice to have a canonical git repository for each
>  on github or gitorious.

I know CVS is quite old and people use darcs, git, svn, and mercurial
these days, but what advantage is it exactly that we would get from
migrating to git?