[cells-devel] Request for comment and a shocking development

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Nov 17 16:58:10 UTC 2004

Kenneth Tilton writes:
 > It is time to tidy up the cells/cello/cvs mess I have created.
 >
 > Currently the cvs repository contains the real working code in
 >
 >         ~/cells/cell-cultures/xxxx
 >
 > where xxxx is cells, cl-opengl, cl-ftgl, cello, etc
 >
 > I am getting tired of cell-cultures, the name as well as the extra
 > directory level.

Actually, it's the cells part that's extra.  If you run the cvs
checkout in your home directory, cells stuff will live in

  ~/cell-cultures/xxx

 > I am thinking that the path should just be:
 >
 >      ~/cells/xxxx

Well, cells or cell-cultures, the key is checking it out from your
home directory.  If you make a cells directory, switch to it, and
checkout from there, you'll just end out with ~/cells/cells/cells :-)

 > Now for the shocking development: Vasilis Margioulas just emailed me
 > cells-gtk!

Hey, cool!  If you ask me, all the different toolkits, the araneida
bridge ... this is just asking for a VHL app-building api that can use
Tk, GTK+, Cello, or the web as its UI.  Not now, obviously, but flying
pies and all that.

Oh, I finally stopped changing the interface for SBCL's callbacks, so
I'll add that to the ffi-extender sometime soon.