[cells-devel] I'm Back

Michael Naunton michael at naunton.us
Sun Apr 25 21:34:19 UTC 2004

Thanks, this looks really promising as a video game development
environment:
  o  Cells gives us MVC for free.
  o  Cello looks pretty good as a platform-independent GUI
  o  Lisp gives us the abstractions we need to hide OpenGL's complexity.
  o  Lisp makes so many tasks (asset management, etc) easy.
  o  Sound is lurking in the wings.

The big win is, of course, Cells.  Cello demonstrates it's power.  With
the abstraction (A depends on B,) many software reuse issues just
vanish.

With a few good examples on line, many newbie programmers are going to
want to try this environment out.

-- Michael
(resisting the urge to port to CMUCL this second.)