[cdr-discuss] Re: ECLM and ELS 2013 -- CDR Meeting?

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Wed Jun 5 22:03:00 UTC 2013

Nick Levine <ndl at ravenbrook.com> writes:

>> From: Marco Antoniotti <marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu>
>> Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 23:17:46 +0200
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> so, is there any interest in making a CDR BoF at ECLM or ELS?  I
>> have a few ideas about a (short) list of topics for discussion.
>
> I am curious about how many CDRs have been implemented in how many
> lisps over the last seven years. This information may not be easily
> available, but anything that anyone knows will be interesting.

There's no CDR about it, but there's an informal convention that when a
CDR is implemented, a keyword :CDRn is pushed onto *features*.  We
should probably write a CDR about it.

If we rely on it, then only one CDR is implemented on only one
implementation.

clall -r  '(list (lisp-implementation-type) (find-if (lambda (x) (string= "CDR" x :end2 (min 3 (length (string x))))) *features*))'

Armed Bear Common Lisp         --> ("Armed Bear Common Lisp" :CDR6)
Clozure Common Lisp            --> ("Clozure Common Lisp" NIL)
CLISP                          --> ("CLISP" NIL)
CMU Common Lisp                --> ("CMU Common Lisp" NIL)
ECL                            --> ("ECL" NIL)
SBCL                           --> ("SBCL" NIL)

But actually, AFAIK, all the CDR defined so far can be implemented as
libraries.

You can take the lisper out of the lisp job, but you can't take the lisp out
of the lisper (; -- antifuchs