[cdr-discuss] Re: ECLM and ELS 2013 -- CDR Meeting?

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Thu Jun 6 06:34:15 UTC 2013

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb at informatimago.com> wrote:

> Nick Levine <ndl at ravenbrook.com> writes:
>
>>> From: Marco Antoniotti <marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu>
>>> Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 23:17:46 +0200
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> so, is there any interest in making a CDR BoF at ECLM or ELS?  I
>>> have a few ideas about a (short) list of topics for discussion.
>>
>> I am curious about how many CDRs have been implemented in how many
>> lisps over the last seven years. This information may not be easily
>> available, but anything that anyone knows will be interesting.
>

> There's no CDR about it, but there's an informal convention that when a
> CDR is implemented, a keyword :CDRn is pushed onto *features*.  We
> should probably write a CDR about it.

  Yes, that's exactly what I proposed at the meeting. There was also a
  thread on this issue on the ECL list. See:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ecls-list@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01225.html

> But actually, AFAIK, all the CDR defined so far can be implemented as
> libraries.

  Not mine on file-local variables at least. It requires a vendor
  extension. Not that you cannot work around it though: my library
  called ASDF-FLV does exactly that.

--
ELS 2013, June 3/4, Madrid, Spain:  http://els2013.european-lisp-symposium.org

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier