[cdr-discuss] CDR follow ups...

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Wed May 23 18:08:44 UTC 2012

> * Pascal Costanza <cp-99BKOWH6pVcrbJU0hmoH5j at choyvp.tznar.bet> [2012-05-19 19:05:00 +0200]:
>
> It seems to me that :cdr-nnn for *features* is straightforward and no
> objections were ever raised, as far as I can tell.

*features* is already often so long, it is hard to navigate.
I know it is a lame objection, and it is quite possible that :cdr-nnn is
the way to go, but I am still wary about mandating too many *features* elements.
Imagine there are hundreds of CDR's, some might well be very
complicated, so that for a cleanup of the pathname system, e.g., we will
have something like #+(or cdr-33 cdr-33-12 cdr-33-12-7) to check for a
feature specified in the section 12.7 of the CDR 33. :-)

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) X 11.0.11103000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://iris.org.il http://palestinefacts.org