[cdr-discuss] Re: [RfC] WITH-READTABLE-ITERATOR

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Fri Oct 3 15:04:00 UTC 2008

"Tobias C. Rittweiler" writes:

> The variable MACRO-CHAR-TYPES controls which macro characters are returned:
>
> `:macro-char'
>      All macro characters in READTABLE that are _not_ dispatch macro
>      characters.
>
> `:dispatch-macro-char'
>      All dispatch macro characters in READTABLE.

I'm not perfectly happy with these names. Especially the first one is
somewhat misleading. But I don't think I'd be happy with
:NON-DISPATCH-MACRO-CHAR either.

But what I wanted to ask is if these names should be in plural perhaps
rather than in singular?

  (with-readtable-iterator (next-entry *readtable* :dispatch-macro-chars)
   ...)

looks better to my eyes than

  (with-readtable-iterator (next-entry *readtable* :dispatch-macro-char)
    ...)

What do you think?

  -T.