[cdr-discuss] Three RFCs

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Tue Mar 18 14:45:41 UTC 2008

On 18 Mar 2008, at 15:39, Leslie P. Polzer wrote:

>> Also, changes in implementations have been known to contain bugs,
>> hence by forcing the changes to be to cl:case, we are going to
>> potentially affect existing code bases, for no discernible gain.
>
> That's why regression tests exist...

The advantage of not requiring cl:case to change would be that you
could add this CDR as a plain library, which if you define as a change
of cl:case itself, you would have to wait for implementors to "catch
up."

My suggestion would be to keep this open, or specify it in such a way
that both options are possible. (It could be cl-ext:case, which you
could then shadow-import, but where an implementor could easily
support it directly as well.)

Pascal

--
1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS'08)
http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/

Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab
Pleinlaan 2, B-1050 Brussel, Belgium