[cdr-discuss] Three RFCs

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Mar 18 12:08:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:55:28 +0100 (CET), "Leslie P. Polzer" <leslie.polzer at gmx.net> wrote:

> Probably a matter of taste and editing environment.  My environment
> highlights keyword arguments in bright green, so I'm probably quite
> biased in my opinion that my proposal excels not only in brevity but
> also readability.

Yes, the font-lock settings of your particular IDE probably aren't a
good deciding factor...

> But it also fits in with the rest of functions taking a TEST keyword
> argument, where (MEMBER obj list :TEST #'EQL) is just one example
> of...

I wasn't arguing against the TEST keyword argument, I was talking
about syntax.  Note that the we are discussing is a macro and not a
function.  I fail to see how the question whether MEMBER accepts a
TEXT keyword argument or not fits into this.