[cdr-announce] CDR 11 accepted

Steve Haflich smh at franz.com
Fri Jun 8 04:49:32 UTC 2012

Pascal et al.

I'm confused, or perhaps only ignorant, about the process underlying the
CDR repository.  Once a CDR becomes final after a very short time, there
seems to be no forum or machinery to discuss or refine it.  While I find
myself sympathetic to at least some of the stated problems, none of the
stated solutions are fully acceptable -- there are glitches in the
specifications, or important situations missed, or incompatibilities
between proposed changes and the official sanctity of the CL package.

Is there some forum for further discussion of "final" CDRs?  Otherwise
the CDRs seem a rather profitless exercise.