[boston-lisp] Next Boston Lisp Meeting: Wednesday June 25th 2008, 6pm at NEU Shillman Hall Room 135

Richard M Kreuter kreuter at progn.net
Sat Jun 7 12:20:12 UTC 2008

"Faré" writes:
> 2008/6/6 Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org>:
>
> > I almost mentioned the food RSVP thing myself, so I'm glad Kent
> > mentioned it.
> >
> > The main issue is that registering for food was a hurdle and a
> > commitment, which meant that, being an engineer/process type, I
> > deferred planning to attend until I was confident I'd be available
> > and could RSVP.

FWIW, in May and April (the months I've been counting for Faré), some
people have cancelled at the last minute, some people have registered at
the last minute (where "last minute" means here "after Faré ordered the
food", about a day before the meeting), at least a couple people who
registered and didn't cancel haven't shown up; and anyway I believe Faré
plans for a few unannounced attendees.  So I think that as long as
everybody who plans to attend does register more than a day ahead of
time, there will probably be enough food for everybody who shows up.

As for the email privacy concerns, if that's an issue for some people, I
could cobble together some web form that didn't take an email address.
Please contact me privately at the address if you would use such a web
form and won't send a message to boston-lisp-meeting-register.

Thanks,
RmK