[boston-lisp-organizers] Boston Lisp Meeting

Hal Abelson hal at mit.edu
Sun Mar 23 03:36:16 UTC 2008

I don't have much to say about languages.  But you ought to aks Gerry
Sussman (if you haven't already).  He's working on some really
exciting stuff.

= Hal

    Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:44:15 -0400
    From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Far=E9?=" <fahree at gmail.com>

    Dear Hal,

    I'm co-organizing a monthly Boston Lisp Meeting, and I would be
    honored to have you speak there on any topic of your choosing. It
    doesn't have to be about Lisp stricto sensu, but it probably has to be
    about programming programming languages in general. See the call for
    speakers below:
      http://fare.livejournal.com/120393.html

    We'll be usually meeting on the last Monday of every month at 6pm, but
    we're flexible on that and any date or time that suits you should be
    fine. I'd be delighted if you could give a 45' speech followed by
    questions.

    The meeting would probably be held either at ITA Software or at MIT
    (depending on various factors), and would be audio- and/or video-
    taped and published online, together with any accompanying material
    (or URLs) you'd wish to share.

    The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can
    bribe the people with their own money. -- Alexis de Tocqueville