[bknr-devel] xhtmlgen

Thomas thomas.karolski at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 1 21:42:36 UTC 2009

Hans Hübner wrote:
> BKNR handlers do not return a closure.  Please have a look into the
> existing project source code in order to find some examples of how
> BKNR handlers work.  It is unfortunate that there is no documentation,
> and I regret not having any time to add some. I'd recommend that you
> use another web framework if you are unable to work yourself through
> the source.
Yes I noticed its different in the examples and bknr source code.
However unless I return a function object, I get error pages like this:

The value "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN\" \"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd\">
"
is not of type
  (OR FUNCTION SYMBOL).

So I figured I ought to try returning a function.
Anyway, I appreciate the heads up - though as I don't really know of any
other web framework, I might just as well stick with BKNR.
I'll try to figure out how it works by doing some code digging.

Kind regards,
Thomas