[bknr-devel] SBCL and OpenMCL ports done properly

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 05:48:31 UTC 2006

Hi Kamen,

2006/2/8, Kamen TOMOV <ktomov at web.de>:
> As a framework user I would rather not rely on snapshotting to allow
> changes of my store-object based objects. This is something that I
> would fix in the framework.
>
> In my opinion the main functionality must not depend on the
> snapshotting mechanism, only the other way around.

This is how it works.  If you never snapshot, the store will only use
the space occupied by the transaction log on disk.  If you don´t need
persistent CLOS objects, you can also create stores without the
store-object-subsystem - Then you will not be able to snapshot at all,
because it is the subsystems that do the snapshotting.

> I meant the memory of the blob object, not the file. I suppose this
> memory is garbage collected, right?

Blob objects are not special in terms of normal memory management.
Their binary contents is not read into main memory by the Datastore,
so there are no special requirements or demands - Or am I missing
something?

Cheers,
Hans