[bknr-devel] SBCL and OpenMCL ports done properly

Kamen TOMOV ktomov at web.de
Thu Feb 9 10:03:49 UTC 2006

Hi Hans,

On Thu, Feb 09 2006, Hans Hübner wrote:

> This is how it works.  If you never snapshot, the store will only
> use the space occupied by the transaction log on disk.  If you don´t
> need persistent CLOS objects, you can also create stores without the
> store-object-subsystem - Then you will not be able to snapshot at
> all, because it is the subsystems that do the snapshotting.

Yeah, I know. This flexibility is great. But it would be even better
if changes of the schema (store-objects) go into the transaction log
as well. This way the transaction log mechanism would continue to
work. What do you think about that?

> Blob objects are not special in terms of normal memory management.
> Their binary contents is not read into main memory by the Datastore,
> so there are no special requirements or demands - Or am I missing
> something?

No, you aren't. Initially I did not understand and that's why I asked.

Regards,
--
Kamen