[Bese-devel] serve-file and content-disposition

Anton Rizov anton.rizov at gmail.com
Sat May 22 17:13:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

serve-file method doesn't expose content-disposition parameter. Is
that intentional?.

I was looking at how to serve static content with ucw and found
serve-file.  Unfortunately it assumes that content disposition is
"attachment" and doesn't provide a way for one to specify an
alternative.

It was easy to change it, so that it could be used as:

(serve-file (make-pathname ...)
            :content-disposition "inline"
            :content-type "text/html; charset=\"...\"")

but I'm wondering whether there is a reason or it's only a matter of
unintentional omission.

Is "attachment" really the preferred way to serve static content,
especially for html files? I tried using
static-roots-application-mixin and was surprised to see download
dialog opening.

Regards,
Anton