[Bese-devel] Fwd: Continuations in Lispworks v5.0

szergling senatorzergling at gmail.com
Mon May 11 06:10:00 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: szergling <senatorzergling at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 11, 2009 at 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Bese-devel] Continuations in Lispworks v5.0
To: Attila Lendvai <attila.lendvai at gmail.com>

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Attila Lendvai
<attila.lendvai at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Searching on the net, I've not been able to find too many fix for
>> arnesi in Lispwork's (approx v5 onwards) environment access function
>> changes. So...
>>
>> Hopefully without replicating anyone's effort, I've gone through and
>> updated the functions to the new environment API (if you can call it
>

> just a note: as discussed with Marco some time ago, i've factored out
> cl-walker from arnesi and also made some refactoring which includes
> the rework of environment access.
>
> only tested on sbcl, but the vm specific part is limited to a few
> primitives the other access functions are based on.
>
> fwiw, that is.

Hi Attila,

Thank you. I have seen cl-walker, and a while ago, I might have
browsed through the code. I must have missed your changes,
because it looked tidier, but I didn't find any major changes.
Overall, I liked the more modular approach, as opposed to
the monolithic feel of arnesi.

When I say "updated the functions", I was referring to how
call/cc doesn't work on Lispworks anymore. There were a
few minor name (and package) changes, and the use of
different data structures for the new environment. With my
update, the arnesi interface itself remains unchanged.

I'm not sure how patches should flow back and forth
between arnesi & cl-walker. ucw itself has continued to use
arnesi, so that's why I've sent it here first. Do you know of
any other projects that also use arnesi, but could also
adopt cl-walker?

Perhaps a way to make propagate the work in this refactoring
effort, is for arnesi to change it's code walker to use cl-walker?
Is this possible without any user visible (external interface)
changes?

Yong.