[Bese-devel] Using test-suite code in other project

Nikolaus Demmel nikolaus at nikolaus-demmel.de
Wed Aug 12 14:02:38 UTC 2009

Hi Russ,

Am 11.08.2009 um 15:15 schrieb Russ Tyndall:

> My understanding is that would be fine and that all the code is BSD
> licensed, though some might not be being explicit about it.

Thats what I assumed. Its really just the one file containing the
walker unit tests I'm interested in. (Actually in the time it took me
to ask here I'd probably have written my own set of test from
scratch...)

> You might also wish to check http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-walker/
> which is a fork and extension of the walker in arnesi.  I'm not sure,
> but it might meet your needs directly or it might be a better place to
> start with your modifications.

Yeah I'm very aware of cl-walker. It has some of the same bugs I just
patched for arnesi walker. I intend to write a patch for those too
soon. The tests I'm interested in are pretty much the same though.

> Thanks for the patches to walker BTW.

Drew C. wrote  some of it (I put acknoledgement in the patch
comments. I hope I didn't screw the patches up. I ran into a problem
with darcs and did amend-record with the first record (The one about
load-time-value, for which i sent a 2nd version). But that was after
I sent the other patches. I have no idea whether darcs can handle
that sort of thing.

Best regards,
Niko Demmel