[Bese-devel] UCW doesn't accept latest parenscript version?

Drew Crampsie drewc at tech.coop
Mon May 12 20:41:52 UTC 2008

Hey Gustavo,

2008/5/12 Gustavo <gugamilare at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install UCW from the tutorial (without ucw-boxset) and it
> seems that ucw_dev (in file src/rerl/standard-dispatcher.lisp, line 229)
> tries to access the function js:compile-parenscript-file-to-string which is
> not defined in parenscript (neither unexported symbol). Am I doing something
> wrong? Should I get an older version of parenscript or expect this bug to be
> fixed?

I can't imagine that ucw_dev still works with libraries in the wild. I
know the boxset if probably broken as well. I'm in the process of
making some efforts to clean all this up, but it's completely broken
right now AFAIK.

The Paragent.com guys use _dev for their open source application. If
you download and install it following their easy instructions, you'll
also have a working ucw_dev (ish)!  If you want some help with this,
please don't bug paragent. #ucw or the list here should be fine... bug
me all you want :).

I've never actually done what i'm suggesting, so i could be crazy, but
i think it just might work(tm).

Cheers,

drewc