[Bese-devel] UCW: The Future.

Luigi Panzeri matley at muppetslab.org
Wed Apr 30 09:12:20 UTC 2008

"Drew Crampsie" <drewc at tech.coop> writes:

> I'd like to find out who's using UCW, how they are using it, what
> versions they are using (-dev, -ajax, -something-else) and what they'd
> like to see happen to the project. I'm going to be very aggressive in
> following a few ideals/guidlines for UCW that should make it more
> widely usable.

I am using ucw-dev for an intranet application (hey, I am just
recognizing that it has been up&running for 3 years, like a champ).

> 1) No arbitrary breaking. The test suite will be run and its results
> included in every commit message. the API will not change drastically
> all the time. Libraries will not be added/removed without taking steps
> to make sure things work. A buildbot will be setup. UCW will become a
> lot more professional.

+1. That's cool. I am stuck with an older version of ucw because an
upgrade will break my code.

> 2) No reader macros, defclass*, cl-def or other 'syntax' will be used
> in the base library.

-1. i don't see any problem in having them as they are documented.

> 4) documentation will be written, and maintained. Now new features
> will be added unless documented and tested.

+1. Furthermore, I think that ucw (-dev, -ajax) needs more explained
 examples (updated and working) such that users can discover all the
 features provided.

> I have great plans for UCW over the next couple months. I'd like to
> ask everybody who reads this to chime in now and say your piece...
> lets make UCW the poster-boy for lisp web frameworks!

Great!

Cheers
--
Luigi Panzeri aka Matley