[Bese-devel] UCW: The Future.

Hazen Babcock hbabcock at mac.com
Wed Apr 30 02:58:06 UTC 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 5:52 PM, Drew Crampsie wrote:

> Hello UCW users/developers,
>
> The UCW project has been without direction for quite a while now.
> We've got one of the most advanced web application development
> environments out there, but it's not used widely, unstable,
> underdocumented and a bit of a mess. In order to alleviate this
> situation, and to bring UCW into the mainstream lisp web world, I've
> volunteered to step in as maintainer/visionary.
>
> I'd like to find out who's using UCW, how they are using it, what
> versions they are using (-dev, -ajax, -something-else) and what they'd
> like to see happen to the project. I'm going to be very aggressive in
> following a few ideals/guidlines for UCW that should make it more
> widely usable.

I use it at work to write the occasional web application. These
applications are only for internal use and are primarily for data
analysis. I use -dev and http backend with Apache. I've found this to
work quite well for what I need to do.

Also, thanks Drew! It's great to see some renewed interest in this
project.

best,
-Hazen