[Bese-devel] UCW: The Future.

Timothy Ritchey tritchey at paragent.com
Tue Apr 29 23:41:32 UTC 2008

First, thank you very much for taking this on Drew. We use UCW pretty
actively at <http://paragent.com>, as well as for custom web
applications for clients of <http://bitfauna.com>. In all cases, we
have stuck with ucw_dev. That is what Tim Jasko started using when we
started coding Paragent.com a couple years ago, and we have not really
felt any incentive to make the leap for _ajax.

My only personal desire is to have a UCW that is asdf-install aware
(or whatever the Lisp deployment system du jour happens to be - people
seem to be talking about clbuild recently). Maybe it is just me, but
the whole boxset, start.lisp, etc. etc. seems a little overly complex,
not to mention the issue with deploying so many third-party libraries
within UCW itself, and the maintenance nightmare that creates.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,
Tim R.