[Bese-devel] Making UCW (dojo?) work with IE

Sasha Kovar sasha-lisp at arcocene.org
Fri Jul 27 23:47:42 UTC 2007

(this didn't appear to get through to the list yesterday - resending)

.-- John Doe:
| I've found that most AJAX requests in UCW Examples do not work with IE,
| but work good in Firefox. For example when I started tab pane example the
| first request was doing properly
[...]
| When AJAX requests failed in IE, 'url' always contained encoded '/'
| character (%2F), when request were successful, 'url' contained normal '/'
| character.

Hi.

I had the same problem using the ajax branch with browser javascript
disabled.  I think UCW needs to be more careful when url-encoding the entire
uri path for actions.  It seems that was added to support unicode characters
in path names.  Since I'm not using any fancy characters, I took the hacky
approach and disabled the encoding entirely.  I also disabled it when
setting the cookie path, since that was keeping sessions from working
correctly for me.

Attached is a patch.  I don't consider it suitable for inclusion into UCW,
but it might be useful to someone or encourage a real fix.

Sasha