[Bese-devel] arnesi's swank dependency

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 09:12:11 UTC 2007

> But on the other hand, if you do M-x slime, swank will be loaded by
> swank-loader.lisp, so loading arnesi after this will reload
> everything, cause the system swank had not been loaded yet.

this was causing us headaches, too before we used core files and
unconditionally loaded swank.

either swank-loader.lisp should be guarded for reloads, or
slime-init-command should be smarter in slime.el.

> Finally, what do you think about separating those logging facilities
> that depend on swank and only load them, if swank is already present?

i think it's long due to cut arnesi into at least the following modules:
 - logging
 - walker and call/cc
 - rest

but how should they be called? and it's Marco who has the final word
on this, anyway, so i don't want to speak on my own in this.

about the swank dependency:
 - either load swank always and uncoditionally and forget the problem
(but you have inter-dependency...)
 - or just delete/unpull the slime logging stuff from your local repo
 - or we could use asdf-system-connections
 - or we could #+#.(cl:find-package "SWANK") and delete the swank
dependency from the .asd

1 works for me, but neither of them is such a good solution for you.
on the short term i would do 2 if i were you.

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)