[Bese-devel] Re: your future is your future

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Wed Aug 22 04:42:57 UTC 2007

"Madj Ebadi" <madj at cbcmedia.com> writes:

> You continue to sell me out to what you call friends, friends who will not help
> you with your future...

And you've met how many of them?

> You continue to complain about me to my staff, you should be embarrassed to do
> so since it shows your lack of ability to communicate with your own father and
> that you are making things up!!!

You seem to have a poor memory of me having to ask you several times
every month to pay me since I started working for you.

> Now business, I told you back in May that we need to put you on the payroll
> here at CBC and that I'm also very concerned about the fact you have no health
> insurance coverage.
> This is also important to help you establish credit and to help you get on your
> feet and hopefully make you a responsible individual.
>
> In anticipation of you promising to come to New York since June with your
> brother Tyler, I did all your paper work and it has been ready for your
> signature,
> yet you to continue to have excuses about why you can't come up to New York....
> And how you are bored when you are here, etc.
> This is work not an action park... who cares that you are bored.

Given that I have been making ~$12000 a year I think being bored
matters. It is one thing to be paid a reasonable wage and be bored,
and another thing entirely to make less than I did making subs and be
bored. I was billing $20 to $40 an hour when I was fifteen, and now I
make $10 an hour in a good month!

> My son,  I have done what I can to help you stand on your feet, and I'm sorry I
> wasn't there your entire life...
> I have been paying for your school, and your expenses, all coming out of my
> personal account which has had serious tax consequences and
> I don't even claim you guys as dependants.
> I have 10x weeks of paychecks that are piling up here with your name on it, I
> gave you $2,000 from my account again despite the fact you also had paychecks
> here, and when I spoke to you, you said you were going to come up shortly, in
> reconciling my personal account I put back $1,000 since I had to cover
> another paycheck and I thought you were coming up the following week which was
> weeks ago!
> It's like I'm paying 3X times....

Please reconcile your statement that you are waiting for my signature
and you somehow have ten weeks of paychecks for me. Last I checked you
couldn't print checks until you had my signature so you have a bit of
a contradiction there. I have to suspect that you are attempting to
trick me; what good does being on payroll do me if you never told me?
Why did you continue to give me money at the end of June if I were
already on payroll? Something doesn't add up.

I also did not say I was travelling to NY soon in July. I told you
that I was in the process of moving and would be unable to travel
until mid-August.

> In addition, I'm paying for Tyler's car and car insurance, not to mention other
> monies that I give you guys when I can... I'm not an ATM machine, and I also
> have had a tough battle since my heart procedure to save my business, I am
> working very very hard and I am still there for you with every breath I take
> and yet you continue to add distance between us.... And now you complain to
> strangers about us And you don't even care how I'm doing! I have asked you to
> send us invoices, Time sheets... not once have you done it, who do you think
> you are?
> Why would you expect to get paid when you are always late,  you make mistakes,
> you don't send time sheets, you miss delaines, you disappear, etc. etc.

Tyler's expenses have nothing to do with me.

The mistakes that I make are minor, and are generally due to the
differences in software versions between your servers and my
machine. This cannot be helped because the software you are running is
so ancient that it no longer compiles on a modern system so I have no
way to test with it (I tried because it would make my life easier). It
doesn't help that MySQL and PHP break between minor versions so I can
inadvertedly do something that works fine on one and is completely
broken on another.

> It is obvious that you have no LOVE whatsoever for me or your Grandmother and
> you were around because you needed my help to get out of the house and to pay
> for your college...
> I don't fault you since LOVE is a strange word with you and you don't know
> what it is and you won't allow me or your grand mother to show you!

Now you are making baseless accusations in an attempt to manipulate
me. Please do not use those and stick to logical arguments; emotional
appeals and personal attacks are often a sign of having no argument.

> A. You must come up and interview with Anthony & Todd

I do not have time to go to New York and end up trapped there for
weeks. I have other jobs to do, and sitting in your office making
below minimum wage does not allow me to do them.

I will also not interview for a job I already perform. I am well aware
of the psychological manipulation and self-esteem degradation that is
intended in the re-interviewing process. As much as you may think I am
a fool, understand that I am not.

> B. You must agree on a work schedule and commit to being reliable and on time

I already did. The last delay was due to my phone which is nearing the
end of its life failing. I have been unable to purchase a new phone
since you pay me so little, and took the money I was going to use to
buy a new phone. Unfortunately I must use my phone as a modem for this
month since I have no alternative net access.

> C. You must establish appropriate technology at your end so you can get your
> work done properly and on time

I already have all the tools I need. It is your fault that you are
running ten year old software that does not function on modern
systems.

> I have payroll checks for you since 6/8/07, once you have concluded your
> meeting with Anthony and Todd. You and I will discuss how and what is due to
> you.

You will not be receiving the remaing working on LPK or NYNJ until I
am paid. If LPK currently has any bugs then so be it, I will not be
able to help until I am paid because I have no guarantees that I will
receive compensation for my effort. This includes the thousand that
you took last month and the thousand for this month.

If I am paid I will complete the work that has been emailed to me
including the small email database. If not, you're on your own.