[Bese-devel] using ucw_ajax

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 18:14:58 UTC 2006

On 10/21/06, Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> wrote:

> I tried using ucw_ajax today, but couldn't get it to work. Is it
> expected to work at this point?

yep, i'm working on an app that is based on ucw_ajax.

Things I noticed:

> -- there doesn't seem to be a way to start the examples -- I ended up
> writing a form that actually starts the server:
>
> (in-package :it.bese.ucw-user)
>
> (ucw:create-server :backend (list :httpd
>                                   :host "localhost"
>                                   :port 8080)
>                    :applications (list *example-application*)
>                    :log-root-directory #P"/tmp/"
>                    :log-level arnesi:+debug+
>                    :start-p t)

> -- it seems there is a conflict between cl-l10n:year and the year
>    accessors in form.lisp, same for month and day

too old cl-l10n

-- When loading dojo-widgets:
>     There is no class named IT.BESE.UCW:UNIVERSAL-TIME-RANGE-VALIDATOR.
>        [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]
>    (this is what finally discouraged me)
>
> -- there is a script called bin/build-dojo.sh, that doesn't work for
>    me. Which version of dojo does it expect? I couldn't find a
>    'buildscripts' directory in mine.

you need the svn head for that.

but there is a patched and working dojo in ucw, so you should not have to
build your own. if you still need to, then contact me and i'll push the
pending dojo patches to the ucw repo, too. (the only pending change
currently is this <http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/1353#preview>)

-- I fixed some typos, patch attached

thanks, pushed!

The learning curve seems vertical to me -- a little quickstart guide
> would really go a long way...

dl the boxset <http://common-lisp.net/project/ucw/ucw-boxset.tar.gz> for a
working example of the environment needed for ucw. it's built each night
from the head of the dependent repos, but it's most of the time working
fine. i've just checked it and it works with the start-ajax.lisp (oldtime
users may need to refresh the page to purge cached dojo.js and friends).

hth,

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)