[Bese-devel] using ucw_ajax

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Sat Oct 21 12:57:13 UTC 2006

I tried using ucw_ajax today, but couldn't get it to work. Is it
expected to work at this point?

Things I noticed:

-- there doesn't seem to be a way to start the examples -- I ended up
writing a form that actually starts the server:

(in-package :it.bese.ucw-user)

(ucw:create-server :backend (list :httpd
				  :host "localhost"
				  :port 8080)
		   :applications (list *example-application*)
		   :log-root-directory #P"/tmp/"
		   :log-level arnesi:+debug+
		   :start-p t)

-- it seems there is a conflict between cl-l10n:year and the year
   accessors in form.lisp, same for month and day

-- When loading dojo-widgets:
    There is no class named IT.BESE.UCW:UNIVERSAL-TIME-RANGE-VALIDATOR.
       [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]
   (this is what finally discouraged me)

-- there is a script called bin/build-dojo.sh, that doesn't work for
   me. Which version of dojo does it expect? I couldn't find a
   'buildscripts' directory in mine.

-- I fixed some typos, patch attached

All of this under SBCL 0.9.17. I can get ucw_dev to work properly with
this configuration.

The learning curve seems vertical to me -- a little quickstart guide
would really go a long way...

--J.