[Bese-devel] Re: session.current-frame race condition?

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Thu May 11 10:16:00 UTC 2006

"Attila Lendvai" <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> writes:

> hi!
>
> what happens if two requests come simulateneously into the same
> session? seems like to me that (setf session.current-frame ...) will
> have a race condition... shouldn't it be a bound dynamic variable just
> like *context* or be a slot in *context*?

right you are, since everytihng else is a slot in context i think i'll
do that.

ticket: http://trac.common-lisp.net/ucw/ticket/4

> also something related: some code in my action handling extras needs
> an atomic-incf (for isolated, but not to be mistaken with the
> hashtable based defaction :isolated). does anyone have an idea how to
> have it inside ucw?

i don't think there's anything ucw specific about it. i discovered a
bug the other day in the multithread htpd backend the other day
(http://trac.common-lisp.net/ucw/ticket/2) which requires
portable-threads (or some similar library) to solve. portable-threads
has an atomic-incf macro which you could use.